Tuesday, April 18, 2023 –Azimio la Umoja brigade has resumed their bi-weekly demonstrations citing lack of seriousness from the part of Government.
Making this official declaration today Tuesday April 18, their leadership announced that they had been left with no other option rather than to pour back on the streets as had been scheduled before.
In a statement read by Wiper Party leader Kalonzo Musyoka on Tuesday, the coalition confirmed their pulling out of Parliamentary talks unless this takes place outside the house.
The former vice president in Mwai Kibaki government, on behalf of the opposition, said the President William Ruto’s side was not ready any dialogue.
“The coalition shall resume its weekly protests at the end of Ramadan and there shall be further communication in this regard,” said Kalonzo.
Mr. Musyoka further stated that President William Ruto exhibited bad faith from the beginning when he fronted Jubilee’s Aden Kaynan to be part of the 14 members – seven aside talks.
“Any reasonable observer of happenings in the last few weeks will agree with us that Kenya Kwanza has no intention whatsoever to hold any dialogue at all, let alone one that is honest, transparent and bipartisan,” he argued.
Azimio said Kenya Kwanza side had started to break the rule on talks what has prompted the opposition to halt the talks and restrategise.
This is happening even as President William Ruto insisted that only talks through the Parliament could help settle their differences.