Directorate of Criminal Investigations DCI is narrowing down to people who perpetrated heinous acts against rival communities in Rift Valley during 2007/8 Post Elections skirmishes.
Department boss George Kinoti has today Monday Nov 23 promised to revisit the 2007/8 Post-Election Violence PEV where 500,000 Kenyans were displaced and their land grabbed by goons.
Skirmishes erupted across the country after opposition leader Raila Odinga had protested the elections outcome which Mwai Kibaki had been announced the winner in a controversial manner.
As Uhuru was supporting Mwai Kibaki, Mr. William Ruto was on Raila Odinga’s side of ODM where he is said to have been the mastermind behind scheming attacks that saw people from other communities killed and displaced from Rift Valley.
Ruto and Uhuru Kenyatta were later indicated by the International Criminal Court ICC at The Hague to answer to charges of bloodshed in the country. They were however allowed back home for lack of evidence.
— DCI KENYA (@DCI_Kenya) November 23, 2020
Their cases collapsed in 2015 and 2016 until just the other day when Lawyer Paul Gicheru shocked the world when he presented himself to the Netherlands based court.
“We know those who grabbed and are feeling comfortable.. there are those who killed, who pass over graves for people who they killed,” he said.
Addressing today along his Kiambu Road offices, Mr. Kinoti recounted how victims were hurt without being told their mistakes and said this must now be addressed for once.
“I will defend you. My colleagues have done the drill to bury me. If I have served you well, our souls will meet our maker in heaven,” he said.
He has since promised to make sure justice is served to all those who suffered injuries and losses in the ugly attacks.