Embattled Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has promised to withdraw all courts cases he had filed against Nairobi Metropolitan Services NMS.
This is happening just a day after President Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta led a truce between the governor and new NMS boss Mohammed Badi.
Reacting just a day after appearing before the Head of State last Wednesday August 12th, Mr. Sonko assured Nairobians that he will follow Kenyatta’s directives by going as far as withdrawing petitions he had filed challenging transfer of county functions to overall government.
“After yesterday we agreed to polish the issues in the MOU and we agreed with my brother Badi that all cases in court will be withdrawn to allow for service delivery and development,” said Sonko.
The governor had earlier expressed desire to end his relationship with the national government citing insubordination as well as illegalities in the entire transfer agreement which his new partners were using to demean his position.
Sonko had felt threatened by the newly formed NMS led by General Badi saying they were staging a coupe against the spirit of their fair agreement.
In fact, Sonko was on record claiming that by the time he was penning down his signature in a move that saw him transfer some important functions, he was drunk and out of senses.
“I was not sober. Hawa watu wa State House waliniconfuse na pombe kwanza (The people at State House confused me with alcohol first) by the time I was meeting the President for the signing I was just seeing zigzag,” he said.
Despite that, General Badi continued with his activities within the city and said he will not be destructed by dramas of Mr. Sonko. He added that he would not be scared by anyone as long as he was serving the Nairobi people as per the directives of Mr. Kenyatta.